Precision AG TechnicianApply online
|Company Name||Devolder Farms Inc.|
|Company Address||26439 Kennedy Road, Dover Centre, ON N0P1L0|
|Location||Dover Centre, Ontario|
At Devolder Farms we have been farming for generations. We are passionate about everything we do and are excited to offer high quality, industry leading solutions in Precision Agriculture. Premier products such as Precision Planting, 360 Yield Center, Climate View and Harvest International, combined with our “get it done” attitude will enhance the performance and profitability of our customers’ business and create opportunities our employees can get excited about.
Devolder Farms will provide extensive training to exceptional candidates. The successful candidate will provide install and service for our customers, allocating their time to the following areas:
Service and Support
- Install, Test and Service Precision Agriculture equipment.
- Perform diagnostics, troubleshoot equipment and advise staff and customers regarding machinery/equipment/technical issues; Assist with meter checks and other services.
- Assist with communication of information to customers, ensuring professional, knowledgeable customer service.
- Be available for ongoing support, education and coaching on installed or upgraded products.
- Coach users by telephone or in person, meeting their individual needs by providing initial operational training and/or in field service calls
- Provide technical input to Precision Ag Crop Solutions Specialist(s) regarding project design and other assistance as may be required.
- Attend events and assist to educate customers and demonstrate how using Precision products can assist them.
- Represent Devolder Farms in the local farming community as a trusted, knowledgeable, capable professional.
- Attend and assist with all aspects of various events including trade shows, sponsored events, educational and training events.
The applicant should:
- Have experience farming and operating current farm equipment, experience as a user of Precision Ag would be an asset.
- Be mechanically, technically inclined with at least a minimum understanding of electrical, hydraulic and computerized equipment applications (computer literate, competent user of IPad, IPhone, ICloud).
- Have experience with installation and repair and the ability to utilize and learn new technology.
- Be passionate about farming, and innovation in agriculture, with a focus on Precision Ag.
- Possess a positive, professional attitude and enjoy a fast-paced team environment.
- Enjoy working with people and be able to communicate well with customers and staff.
- Hold a valid G driver’s license, D, A and/or Z is an asset.
- Be willing to participate in various forms of training (online, video, written, classroom) to enhance skills and knowledge to obtain certification as a Precision Technician.
- Be legally able to travel to the U.S.A. to attend various sessions and workshops.
- Have the ability to read and interpret drawings and manuals.
- Have previous work experience servicing equipment, Experience welding is an asset.
- Be reliable, dependable and safety conscious at all times.
- Be willing to work extra hours, during peak seasons with minimal notice.
What we offer:
- Join a local, family owned and operated diversified business with unlimited growth potential.
- Exceptional base salary first year with increasing earning potential through demonstrated skill development.
- Full Time, Permanent with Benefits, Group Retirement Savings Plan and advancement opportunities.