Production Assistant (Labour)Apply online
|Company Address||10803 Cook Road, RR#2|
BroadGrain Commodities Inc. (“BroadGrain”) is a fast-growing global company trading and transporting grains, cereals, oilseeds, corn and by-products. We use our expertise and experience in logistics, sourcing and distribution to connect our customers to global markets while providing excellence in customer service. Today, BroadGrain enjoys over $700 million in annual revenue and handles over 1.8 million tonnes of grain each year in our international and domestic businesses. We are poised for continual growth across all of our business units and are continually looking to add talented individuals to support our expansion.
We are currently seeking a Full Time Production Assistant for our Brinston location. Reporting to the Plant Manager, the responsibilities and duties include, but are not limited to:
- Safely loading and unloading trucks
- Bagging of materials
- Operating drying and cleaning equipment
- Cleaning and Sanitation
- General maintenance and yard work
- Other duties as required
- Grade 12 or equivalent.
- Experienced Forklift Operation preferred or ability to obtain.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals as well as complete required documentation including but not limited to daily inspection forms.
- Basic computer skills required.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, verbal and diagram form.
- Good Communication Skills.
- Comfortable lifting up to 45 kg.
- Work in both hot and cold environments, both indoors and outdoors and at heights.
- Experience in Plant Environments and Operational setting an asset.
Please be aware that this job requires that you be able to work in dusty environments. You must also be willing to work longer than the average 8 hours at certain times of the year and work rotating shifts including weekends and overtime certain times of the year.
If you are interested in working for a growing company, that offers a competitive salary with benefits, we would love to hear from you! Please forward your resume outlining your salary expectations to email@example.com
BroadGrain welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.