Quality Manager - Fresh Produce IndustryApply online
|Company Address||550 Pleasant View Drive, Listowel, ON Canada N4W 3R8|
Our client is a large-scale and successful farm and greenhouse operation producing fruits and vegetables, located near Leamington, Ontario. They are committed to personal and professional development of their employees. They are currently seeking a full-time Quality Manager to lead the quality team at their modern facility. If you have strong leadership skills with proven experience in the produce industry and produce quality knowledge, this could be an excellent opportunity for you. Please apply below!
- A very competitive compensation package consisting of salary and benefits is negotiable based on the successful candidate’s capacity and experience.
What you will do:
- Effectively manages and implements policies as they relate to produce quality, service and food safety.
- Routinely monitors, verifies, trains and provides direction to Quality team on their accuracy of product grading.
- Communicates daily with the sales, procurement and production on all issues related to fresh produce. Make recommendations on quality issues.
- Ensure compliance with all Standard Operating Procedures pertaining to receiving, storage, and shipping of fresh produce. Identify any issues to senior management.
- Ensure compliance with CFIA and USDA policies and procedures.
- Complete daily rejection reports and identifies key customer rejection trends.
- Ensures all quality specifications are up to date and distributed to organization in a timely manner.
- Ensures constant communication with production team and sales team on product quality.
What you will need:
- Minimum 3 years experience in produce Industry with produce quality knowledge.
- Experience with retailer’s quality specifications.
- Famous software experience is an asset.
- Must have strong time management skills with emphasis on meeting deadlines.
- Highly energetic and assertive with strong leadership skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.