Receiving Manager - Fresh Produce IndustryApply online
|Company Address||550 Pleasant View Drive, Listowel, ON Canada N4W 3R8|
Our client is a large-scale and successful farm and greenhouse operation producing fruits and vegetables, located near Leamington, Ontario. They are committed to personal and professional development of their employees. They are currently seeking a full-time Receiving Manager to lead the receiving team at their modern facility. If you are a strong leader with proven success and experience this could be an excellent opportunity for you. Please apply below!
The successful candidate will be committed to customer service excellence and leading by example. A positive attitude in the workplace is required as is the ability to adhere to all human resources, operational and food and health safety policies and procedures.
- A competitive compensation package consisting of salary and benefits is negotiable based on the successful candidate’s capacity and experience.
What you will do:
- Lead and direct Receiving team to ensure department runs effectively and efficiently.
- Coordinate shift scheduling and staff balancing to meet production and work-life balance needs.
- Anticipate orders based on regular orders/customers and help employees become familiar with day to day operations and needs.
- Promote relationship building amongst staff, and establish open lines of communication internally and externally
- Develop corrective actions to events needing improvement when opportunities exist.
- Has input into company policy and procedures, ensures consistency of process and follows-up to ensure they are sustained.
- Prepare job descriptions and complete 90-Day and annual performance reviews.
- Work closely with the human resources department in order to ensure all staffing needs are met; and to ensure all training and development activities, including disciplinary action up to and including termination, are conducted in a fair and timely manner.
- Reports departmental KPI’s on a monthly basis to Senior Management, identifying areas of improvement
What you will need:
- 5+ years of experience (previous supervisory or management experience in a related field)
- Experience in food/produce receiving is an asset
- Ability to communicate effectively (written, oral and spoken) in English; additional languages (i.e. Spanish, will be considered an asset).
- Experience with Microsoft Office programs including Outlook, Ecxcel, and the ability to learn operational programs for the business including FAMOUS and RedLine Cooler. Should be able to prepare presentations, develop spread sheets and write proposals.
- General skills requirement: Solid background with proven success in leadership, communication, human relations, financial management and project management etc.
- Must be physically fit and able to lift heavy material (up to 50 lbs.)
- Must be able to climb stairs and stand for extended periods of time.
- Facilities are temperature controlled to approximately 55°F or 13°C, must be able to work in that environment.