Regional Sales Manager-Western Canada - Filled
|Company Name||Precision Planting|
Region Manager-Western Canada
Precision Planting is a leading provider of planting and harvest technology in the Precision Ag Industry. We design innovative products that solve yield-robbing issues for farmers. We are seeking a highly motivated individual to serve as a Region Manager (Precision Planting). This individual will work remotely in territory. This is an exciting and challenging role that allows you to apply your experience in the sales field to drive sales growth and support to our dealer network.
- Develop growth and product penetration strategies and tactics to grow Precision Planting sales in specified region.
- Find and enlist new dealers to ensure market coverage
- Train and support existing dealers to grow sales and service capability
- Consult dealer’s businesses to grow Precision Planting’s sales
- Plan, manage, and attend farm shows and other marketing functions to build product and brand awareness
- Utilize lead generation tools and market data analysis tools to develop effective sales strategies
- Plan, facilitate, and present at meetings and field days of 10 - 100 attendees throughout the year.
- Manage and develop approximately 15-50 dealer accounts
- Develop strong relationships with key customer and dealer accounts
- Increase dealer engagement in selling and service activities related to Precision Planting
- Effectively communicate sales and marketing initiatives to dealers
- Manage dealer training certifications
- Effectively manage distribution channel conflict to maximize sales while maintaining strong relationships with dealers and growers
- Understand and promote enterprise business strategies that support long term vision for the company
- Gain channel buy-in to product distribution strategies
- Achieve alignment with dealers and corporate strategy to ensure sales and service success
- Provide product demonstration presentations, planter maintenance presentations, and other presentations as needed by dealer team.
- Provide order support for specific region during selling season
- Provide technical (level 1) support during planting season
- Assist with sales support/help desk issues when in office
- Travel to dealer locations, farm shows, and other events is required and varies by territory
- Territory is defined as provinces of Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta, and British Columbia
- Travel can range from 25% to 75% based on territory and season
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience, in Agriculture or Business studies or other degree with agriculture experience.
- 3+ years experience in sales/account management or 1+ years working in the agriculture industry
- Ability to communicate technical information to customers
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal (presentations to audiences’ of 60 is common)
- Highly motivated
- Computer skills: Microsoft Office Word, PowerPoint, Excel
- Experience in Agriculture or Precision Agriculture sales positions is strongly desired
AGCO is an equal opportunity employer.