Retail Agronomy Sales & Marketing ManagerApply online
|Company Name||Growers Supply Co|
|Location||Kelowna, British Columbia|
Growers Supply Company Limited is a wholesale and retail supplier of agricultural products in BC with 6 locations throughout the Okanagan and Kootenay regions.
We are currently seeking a dedicated and motivated individual to join our team as a Retail Agronomy Sales & Marketing Manager. Reporting to the General Manager, the role of the Retail Agronomy Sales and Marketing Manager is to manage the development and performance of all Sales and Marketing activities, providing leadership towards the achievement of maximum profitability and growth in line with company vision and values.
The following key responsibilities are listed below within the scope of the position followed by specific activities associated with each responsibility. This position may require the individual to perform additional duties as required.
- Develop a business plan, pricing and sales strategy for the market that ensures attainment of company sales goals and profitability for the entire company portfolio of products.
- Develop an account management planning process
- Responsible for the recruitment, performance and development of Account Executives, including training and development needs and to provide insight for the improvement of Account Executive’s sales and activity performance.
- Identify key influencers and decision-makers within the customer relationship and develop a plan of action to deepen the relationship with those people.
- Establishes and maintains strong relationships to stakeholders and relevant trade organizations to support and grow the business.
- In conjunction with the Horticulture Team, ensure grower retention, satisfaction and increased use of our products on their acres by advising on use, in-season observations, and end-of-year evaluation
- Responsible for retaining current customers as well as developing and attracting new customers and uncovering new opportunities for additional business
- Identifies and evaluates trends in market needs to define and develop future strategic business opportunities.
- Utilize sales technology effectively to track progress, update sales goals and track results.
- Train and Develop sales team on programs, pricing and overall strategy
- Manage the Marketing and Communications Coordinator role, whose duties include:
- Website content maintenance
- Maintaining Growers Supply brand guide and new branding standards and ensure consistency throughout the stores;
- Create in-store and externally distributed marketing materials
- Assist with any external marketing promotions, such as radio advertisements, trade shows or attending community events
- Keep up with regular paperwork, analyzing data, and preparing reports and articles
- Research new technology and new advancements in agriculture and prepare recommendations
- Organize and facilitate workshops and information sessions for both growers and staff
- Have a desire to succeed in your career and the ability to represent the company’s culture
- Ability to uphold the company’s mission, vision and values
- Communicate on the phone and in meetings with clients, government departments, colleagues, and experts in the field
- Communicate with the research community to develop and extend new technologies and practices to producers for their agricultural businesses.
- Responding to requests from clients via phone and e-mailing
- Company policies and procedures
- WorkSafe BC regulations
- Computer inventory programs and software
- Strong understanding of Horticulture Services, farm customers and the agriculture industry
- Strong understanding of the crop inputs business and the significance of supplier relationships
- Solid understanding of the Canadian agricultural production and farm management
- Customer service skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Computer literacy
- Strong reasoning, mathematical and analytical skill sets
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong organization and accuracy
Behaviour and Abilities:
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to think clearly, accurately and independently on involved and complex work
- Ability to influence decision-making
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal, organizational, written and oral communication skills
- Degree in Agronomy/Horticulture or related discipline OR diploma in Horticulture or related discipline plus equivalent work experience
- 2+ years related experience, or equivalent
- 5+ years of related experience, or equivalent
About the Benefits:
- Life Insurance and AD&D
- Long Term Disability
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan – includes matched contributions by employer
- Three weeks of vacation to start
- Yearly incentive program
- Store discounts
Growers Supply Co. Ltd. thanks all applicants for their interest. Please note that only those under consideration for the position will be contacted.