Retail Manager - AgricultureApply online
|Company Address||550 Pleasant View Drive|
Our client is an established and successful, progressive and innovative leader in animal livestock nutrition. In addition to manufacturing and selling high quality vitamin and mineral premixes and supplements, they operate a retail store to serve local farmers. The store offers high quality fresh feeds for a range of livestock and domestic animals, along with lawn and garden care products, and project planning assistance.
They are seeking a confident, innovative, and well-rounded leader and motivator to take the store to the next level. To assist them in this goal, we are recruiting for a Full-time Retail Manager who will be responsible for overseeing, planning and directing the sales of products and services to customers in order to maintain and increase the profitability of the store. You will manage a team of dedicated in-store experts and help them achieve store goals and targets. The store is located in the Cambridge, Ontario area.
If you are passionate, approachable, customer service and detail oriented, a strong communicator and always striving for excellence in everything you do, please apply below.
The package includes a competitive salary, bonuses, and benefits, and will be based on candidates experience and capacity.
- Build, maintain and grow the gross margin percentage of sales and increase EBITDA of the store.
- Lead a team of in-store experts managing daily scheduling, time off, payroll matters, performance appraisals, goal setting, recognition, training and development, coaching and resolving any issues or performance related matters in a timely manner.
- Assist in the hiring, onboarding and training of new staff.
- Delegate and empower your team to deliver exceptional customer service every time, take initiative, be accountable and achieve results.
- Create enthusiasm, positivity and foster teamwork and collaboration for a shared vision and mission.
- Resolve any and all customer service complaints and issues professionally.
- Manage daily operational tasks including overseeing warehouse management, purchasing, inventory, receiving, merchandising, product pricing and margin, product selection, customer service, and in-store sales support.
- Maximize store profitability by overseeing all financial operations like inventory control, cash flow and reporting.
- Manage overall sales process to achieve sales and metric targets for the store.
- Seek out and target new customers and new sales opportunities and incorporate new unique, high quality products that engage our current customers and draw in new ones.
- Keep inventory shrinkage to a minimum and keep opened boxes and discounting to a minimum
- Oversee store expenses and ensure costs are reasonable and valid.
- Create a marketing plan to effectively communicate weekly specials and annual sales throughout the year.
- Oversee the production of weekly newspaper, social media and on-line ads for weekly specials with the help from the GVF marketing department to produce the creative for these ads.
- Create appealing and eye-catching visual displays that lead the customer through the entire store.
- Challenge the status quo and embrace innovation.
Key Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- 5+ years of successful experience as a Store Manager or General Manager in a high-volume retail environment.
- Education or training in retail, business or marketing related field.
- A demonstrated leader with experience managing people.
- Experience in retail distribution, budget planning, merchandise displays, inventory control, cost control and revenue generation
- Passionate about and knowledge of Canadian agriculture, gardening, hobby farming, birds and pet food.
- Proficient with Windows based systems including Microsoft Office, Excel and Outlook
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal and communication skills