Ruminant Farm ConsultantApply online
|Company Name||Cargill Animal Nutrition|
Position Purpose & Summary
Cargill Animal Nutrition distributes products and services under the Purina and Cargill brands in Southern Ontario. You will be responsible for interacting with clients and prospective customers, helping them understand how Cargill Animal Nutrition can provide personalized solutions, management advice, and adapted solutions to the dairy industry with the objective to help them maximize their profitability and viability of their business.
90% Establish and build effective relationships to enhance the profitability of your business. You must manage your time and territory to visit a minimum of 90% of your producer list at least twice a year in your designated market. You are responsible for listening to your customers and prospects needs and proposing unique solutions that result in increased customers and sales in your market. These solutions can come from the implementation of specific promotions oriented to the market, as well as regular use of tools and on-farm visits that provide value to the customer and show producers the “Purina/Cargill Difference” compared with other competitors.
5% Weekly and assiduous maintenance of visit notes, and updating of market changes in the territory management software
5% Participate in regular regional team meetings as well as attending technical, sales, and marketing training in order to pursue personal development and share your perspectives and expertise with others.
Education, Experience, Skills
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Organized, professional demeanor willing to work in a team environment with coach, dealer, and producer.
- Autonomous, and good analytical and conceptual skills.
- Dedication to bringing new and innovative solutions to customers
- Ability to work with agricultural livestock producers
- G Class License and ability to travel within the defined sales territory
- Excellent communication skills both with customers and others influencers.
- Active participation in Purina coaching process.
- Passion for learning and accepting new challenges
- Bachelor’s Degree in Animal Science, Ag Business, or related Agricultural degree Technical degree in Animal Science or husbandry. OR Equivalent Experience
- Willing to relocate and accept new challenges