Sales Manager - Livestock NutritionApply online
|Company Address||550 Pleasant View Drive, Listowel, ON Canada N4W 3R8|
Our client is a well established and successful manufacturer and seller of high quality, leading edge vitamin and mineral premixes and supplements for swine, dairy, beef and poultry producers, and supports producers with a sales team across the Canadian prairies and into the US. They are seeking a dynamic and motivated Sales Manager to lead their salesforce in the Canada Prairies and Montana Regions. The ideal candidate will bring experience in team and sales management, and livestock nutrition/feed sales and marketing
The Sales Manager will continue to develop and grow livestock feed sales for the Company. In this role you will be responsible for building, managing and coaching the swine sales team in Montana, Alberta, Manitoba and Saskatchewan and providing delivery, service and sales support to key swine and poultry accounts in Alberta and Saskatchewan. If you are a solid people manager, have a background working with animal livestock, primarily pigs and birds, and have a passion for the industry, this could be an excellent opportunity for you! Please apply below.
- A very competitive compensation package consisting of base salary, incentive program, and a benefit program is negotiable based on the successful candidate’s capacity and experience.
What you will do:
- Oversee and manage the swine sales teams in Montana, Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba.
- Interview, hire, onboard and train new staff as required.
- Set goals for growth and development and conduct regularly scheduled performance appraisals with all team members.
- Delegate tasks as well as provide consistent communication and coaching; resolving all management, sales and nutritional issues quickly and effectively.
- Provide excellent sales and service support to key customer accounts.
- Travel around with sales reps to help them build and grow their swine and other livestock portfolio business within their territories.
- Assist the team with conducting routine barn tours, diagnosing existing challenges, presenting rations, offering feed and nutritional advice, and making recommendations to improve production and management parameters of operations.
- Utilize the expertise of the Companies Monogastric Nutrition team
- Actively promote new products and experimental trials with the team and their customers.
- Ensure all paperwork is completed efficiently and in a timely manner.
- Uphold the Company’s reputation of professionalism and caring for customers on farm, at events and in the community.
What you will need:
- Post secondary education in agriculture is an asset.
- A background in swine operations – farrow to finish.
- Experience selling feed or nutritional additives, or related sales experience.
- 3+ years of management experience is required.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills.
- Willingness to learn and ability to quickly understand nutritional and sales knowledge.
- Solid organizational skills and good working knowledge of Microsoft Suite of products.
- A passion for the livestock industry, primarily swine, with some poultry and other livestock.
- A valid Canadian Driver’s License is required.
- Proven track record and desire to drive business for customer, corporate and personal success.
- Self-directed, motivated and have a desire to win while developing the business.