Livestock Feed Sales (5579)Apply online
|Company Address||550 Pleasant View Drive, Listowel, ON Canada N4W 3R8|
Our client is a long established and successful supplier of nutritional and animal health products for producers in the livestock industry. They are currently seeking a Feed Salesperson who will provide sales and service support to beef, sheep, goat, and horse operations in the western Ontario area. Please apply below.
Working closely with the management team, the salesperson will perform a consultative sales and service function to the area producers including; management solutions, sales, ration balancing, and product logistics, to achieve maximum sales profitability and growth, within an assigned territory.
- A competitive compensation package is negotiable, and could include a salary only option, or base plus commission structure, based on experience.
- A company vehicle will be provided.
What you will do:
- Provide excellent sales and service support to existing customers.
- Develop clear and effective marketing and sales plans.
- Prospect and acquire new business for beef, sheep, goat, and horse operations.
- Resolve all sales, nutritional, or management issues quickly and effectively.
- Ensure all paperwork is completed efficiently and in a timely manner.
- Work collaboratively with producers, service and delivery staff, and other colleagues.
- Represent the Company with knowledgeable professionalism at all industry related venues, as well as within the community.
- All other duties as needed to ensure continued success.
What you will need:
- A background with multiple livestock species is a definite asset
- A University degree or College diploma in agriculture, animal sciences, marketing, or a related discipline is an asset
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Willingness to learn from nutritional and sales training.
- Experience in sales is an asset, but not required.
- Willingness to cold call; drive down driveways to ask for business, is required.
- Demonstrated mathematical skills with the ability to calculate figures and amounts, such as discounts, percentages, interest, area, etc.
- Above average organizational and time management skills.
- Computer skills, especially Microsoft office products.
- A valid Canadian Driver’s License is required.
Tags: Driving, agriculture, multi-species, direct to farm, INDL