Senior Grain Trader - Filled
|Company Address||550 Pleasant View Drive|
Our client is an established and profitable full-spectrum Agriculture company located in Ontario. We are conducting a confidential search for a motivated and experienced Grain Merchandiser to be an integral part of their grain marketing team. If you have excellent knowledge of the grain industry and successful Canadian experience trading these products, this could be an excellent opportunity for you. Please apply below!
Please note* Relocation may be required.
- A very competitive compensation package is negotiable based on the successful candidate’s capacity and experience.
- Develop and strengthen existing long-term customer relationships.
- Develop and grow existing key vendor and industry relationships, and new product sources, to ensure supply of quality product.
- Maintain and expand existing client base and research new potential markets.
- Coordinate with producers and cleaning plants to purchase crops for domestic contracts and export.
- Purchase correct grades of grains for domestic contracts and exports.
- Ensure delivery of products on time, to the stipulated destination.
- Trade on own account, domestic or international, as opportunities arise.
- Coordinate with Marketing, Sales, and Logistics departments.
- The company may assign other duties from time to time.
Key Knowledge Skills & Abilities:
- 5+ years of demonstrated successful experience in buying and trading grains, cereals, or other related agricultural products.
- Proven ability to build strong Farmer & Grain Elevator relations.
- An understanding of rules and regulations for purchasing and exporting of crops.
- Clear knowledge and understanding of inspection processes for products.
- Relevant business contacts with the ability to build a strong and profitable book of business quickly.
- Strong phone sales skills with an assertive approach
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with contacts at all levels.
- Ability to travel in Canada to visit farming operations, inspect grain bin contents, inspect fields, and grade grain for potential sales/purchases.
- A good understanding of logistics for moving products.
- Strong business acumen, a team approach, professionalism, strong business ethics, creativity, and persistence.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and time management skills.
- Knowledge of, or experience in the Quebec market, and French language ability is an asset.
- Solid computer skills (Microsoft Word & Excel).