Service Manager - Filled
|Wage/Salary||$ 65,000.00 - $ 75,000.00 per hour|
Our client is a very successful family oriented, main-line, farm machinery dealer, located in Southwestern Ontario. They are currently accepting applications for a qualified Service Manager.
This role requires a background and experience in servicing agricultural machinery. To ensure success, Service manager should have leadership skills and a drive to help customers solve technical problems.
What you will do:
- Communicating with customers, other Dealership departments to obtain details of work to be carried out, location and time frames.
- Legibly writing the work order, clearly outlining the service problem in sufficient detail so that the Mechanical Technician may carry out the repair accurately and completely to the customer's satisfaction with a minimum of questions.
- Keeping a log of work orders, ensuring that the work orders are routed to the correct Dealership departments and are promptly and correctly closed for billing.
- Handling customer complaints and keeping manager informed of such complaints, referring major problems and difficulties with large purchasers to manager.
Assignment of duties to Mechanical Technicians
- Ensuring Service Technicians are supplied with a steady flow of work, in keeping with their abilities and making corrections, as necessary, to ensure that assignments are completed in a timely and professional manner to the customers' satisfaction.
- Advising mechanical technicians, when necessary or when requested, how to carry out repairs, adjustments and settings, according to manufacturer's specifications.
- Ensuring new and used equipment for delivery to customer, for display or demonstration is set up and cleaned.
- Keeping the shop, tool room, machine shop, offices, showroom, common and outside areas of the Dealership are neat, clean and safe at all times. Including lawn and garden maintenance and light building repairs are either done by staff or a contractor.
- Promoting Service Department's merchandising programs.
- Telemarketing and outside sales.
- Completing all functions pertaining to the processing of warranty promptly.
- Verifying, approving and closing work orders and forwarding to Administration.
- Attending Dealership management meetings.
- Following the Dealership's plan and also developing promotion, advertising, selling, and specials for the Service Department on own initiative and following up on the same.
- Ensuring health and safety standards are maintained. Keeping manager informed of significant events and referring to manager items beyond the scope of the Service Manager's position.
What you will need:
- Five or more years of service experience.
- Excellent working knowledge of farm machinery.
- Working knowledge of a Precision Ag systems.
- A passion for solving technical problems.
- The willingness to self manage and to make sound decisions.
- The ability to work effectively with most common computer programs.
- Demonstrated leadership and management experience
- Superior organizational and customer service skills