Service Manager (2634)Apply online
|Location||Cambridge , Ontario|
Our Client is a very successful farm equipment dealer servicing Dairy farmers in the heart of rural Southern Ontario. They are currently accepting applications for a Service Manager. Do you have a strong dairy background? Do you enjoy working with farmers to help solve mechanical troubles? Do you have a background in Service? Do you have proven leadership skills? If you answered yes to these questions, this may be the perfect career choice for you.
What you will do:
- Prepare and process purchase orders for supplies and equipment
- Communicating with customers, other dealership departments to obtain details of work to be carried out, location and time frames.
- Legibly writing the work order, clearly outlining the service problem in sufficient detail so that the Mechanical Technician may carry out the repair accurately and completely to the customer's satisfaction with a minimum of questions.
- Keeping a log of work orders, ensuring that the work orders are routed to the correct Dealership departments and are promptly and correctly closed for billing.
- Handling customer complaints and keeping manager informed of such complaints, referring major problems and difficulties with large purchasers to manager.
- Ensuring Service Technicians are supplied with a steady flow of work, in keeping with their abilities and making corrections, as necessary, to ensure that assignments are completed in a timely and professional manner to the customers' satisfaction.
- Ensuring new and used equipment for delivery to customer, for display or demonstration is set up and cleaned.
- Keeping the shop, tool room, machine shop, offices, showroom, common and outside areas of the Dealership are neat, clean and safe at all times. Including lawn and garden maintenance and light building repairs are either done by staff or a contractor.
- Promoting Service Department's merchandising programs.
- Completing all functions pertaining to the processing of warranty promptly.
- Verifying, approving and closing work orders and forwarding to Administration.
- Attending Dealership management meetings.
- Following the Dealership's plan and also developing promotion, advertising, selling, and specials for the Service Department on own initiative and following up on the same.
- Ensuring health and safety standards are maintained. Keeping manager informed of significant events and referring to manager items beyond the scope of the Service Manager's position.
What you will need:
- Five or more years of service experience in a farm machinery dealership
- Excellent working knowledge of farm machinery with an emphasis on the dairy industry
- A passion for solving technical problems.
- The ability to work effectively with most common computer programs.
- Demonstrated leadership and management experience
- Superior organizational and customer service skills
- Detail orientated with strong organizational abilities
- High initiative and self-motivated person who enjoys challenges
- Excellent time management skills, ability to manage multiple priorities
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with lots of interruptions