Service Manager-Agricultural EquipmentApply online
|Company Name||SMITHS FARM EQUIPMENT (JASPER) LTD|
|Company Address||32 COUNTY RD 17|
|Location||JASPER ON, Ontario|
Smiths Farm Equipment (Jasper) Ltd. is a locally owned, full-service farm equipment dealership that has been serving the farming and rural lifestyle community for over 60 years. We are looking for a highly organized, energetic individual to fill a full-time Service Manager position. Come join us and be part of a well-rounded intergenerational family-oriented company.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
This position reports to the Dealer Principal and is responsible for the management of our Service Department and Technicians, while ensuring high quality work and repairs to Customer equipment in the shop or in the field. Duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Coordinate the Technicians to meet service productivity objectives with job scheduling and ensuring a high level of Customer Service.
- Give clear directions and expectations to Technicians on the shop floor for jobs to be done.
- Responsible for staff recruitment, hiring, terminations and performance management.
- Field internal and external Customer service inquiries with the goal being Customer satisfaction by maintaining close contact throughout their service/repair experience.
- Provide clear communication with Customers, staff and other department heads.
- Schedule pickups, deliveries and repair timelines of Customer and internal equipment and schedule service calls for road Technicians.
- Create Customer Repair Quotes and follow through to Opening Work Orders and maintain control until closed and invoiced, in a timely and organized fashion.
- Develops, communicates, enforces and monitors effective Service Department processes to ensure Customer Satisfaction and improve operational efficiency. Executes a consistent follow up process on all invoices over $3500.
- Facilitate Machinery Inspection of completed Technician work.
- Schedule and organize Technical Service training and appropriate product training.
- Manage the dealership warranty programs.
- Process Warranty and/or product improvement claims in an organized, detailed and timely fashion. Accurately prepare service reports for warranty submissions.
- Actively monitor Manufacturer Service Bulletins associated with our Product Lines.
- Seek out opportunities to gain additional business from existing Customers and establish relationships with new Customers.
- Maintain and organize service department records, filing and perform month-end processes.
- Perform departmental budget reviews and provide input for generating shop revenues.
- Open Warranty Work Orders, if/when called upon to do so, including after hours.
Required Skills, Knowledge, Abilities and Qualifications:
- Two-year Ag Diesel Technical Degree or Diploma preferred
- 4+ years experience in diesel service technician role preferred.
- Working knowledge of New Holland equipment would be preferred.
- Previous agricultural machinery service experience would be a great asset. Heavy equipment or truck service experience will be considered.
- Farming background and knowledge would be desirable but not required.
- Knowledge of various agricultural equipment and service needs would be a great asset.
- Ability to creatively and strategically overcome internal challenges and obstacles.
- Demonstrate a strong business ethic when interacting with employees, suppliers and Customers.
- High level of integrity, discretion and accountability.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Ability to work independently and in conjunction with the Management Team.
- Desire to learn, absorb Training and excel in the role to benefit both yourself and the Dealership.
- Outstanding interpersonal customer relations and servicing skills.
- Ability to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically and professionally at all times.
- Uphold and value the importance of accurately detailed documentation.
- Compensation is commensurate with experience—Starting Salary range: TBD.
- Competitive Comprehensive Company Benefit Package
- Annual Performance Bonus/Profit Share for Specific Goal Achievements.
The position’s hours are Monday to Friday 8am to 5pm with alternating Saturdays 8am-12 Noon.
Additional hours may be required seasonally, outside of regular working hours and may consist of evenings.
The above statements are meant to describe the general nature of the duties being performed by people in this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required in this position.