Swine Barn Manager - Filled
Sow Barn Manager
Our Client is a successful and progressive family-run swine operation in Wellington County. They run a very modern and clean sow operation. They provide excellent working conditions; a house is available if needed and an above-average pay package. They are looking for a Sow Barn Manager for their 350 Sow PB nucleus herd.
What you will do:
- Managing all barn activities from the breeding, farrowing, nursery, and finishing.
- Be responsible for barn chores including feeding, maintenance, and maintaining proper standards of hygiene and cleanliness.
- Implement action plans to meet farm-specific goals.
- Manage an employee to ensure the operation runs smoothly and efficiently.
- Follow all bio-security animal procedures.
What you need:
- Five or more years of swine breeding and farrowing experience.
- A history of excellent breeding results.
- A mechanical sense and the ability to work as a team leader.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment with pressures and tight deadlines.
- The desire to keep the barn and the animals in excellent condition.
- The ability to read, write and speak the English language effectively.
- Rotating weekend work required.
Please click on “Apply online” below if you are interested in applying for this job.