Swine Health Ontario ManagerApply online
|Company Name||RLB - On Behalf of Ontario Pork|
Swine Health Ontario (SHO), based in Guelph is looking for an experienced agriculture manager to join their team. Swine Health Ontario, is an organization focused on herd health and disease management for Ontario’s hog sector. The role of Manager is a full-time position based in Guelph, Ontario.
Working on behalf of the Leadership Team and partner organizations, the Manager provides hands on day-to-day management and coordination of activities and projects.
Key responsibilities include:
- Work with the Leadership Team to develop, communicate, implement and monitor activities of the Science and Technology Committee. Work on tasks assigned to the Science and Technology Committee and bring back recommendations to present to the Leadership Team.
- Foster teamwork and collaboration between swine health industry stakeholders, the Science and Technology Committee and the Leadership Team.
- Develop, execute, monitor and provide updates on all projects and activities from concept development through delivery, including those delegated to partner organizations.
- Ensure effective operations of the Leadership Team through governance; implement by-laws, terms of reference and policies approved by the Leadership Team.
- Develop official communication on behalf of the leadership team and facilitate knowledge transfer and information exchange between partners. This includes regular updates, disease notices, quarterly newsletters and website updates as directed by the leadership team.
- Preparation of materials and records for internal and external meetings; attend and participate in industry meetings as appropriate.
- Support the successful delivery of industry education events.
- Prepare and report on the annual budget and projects/activities and assess available funding opportunities. Advise the Leadership Team and its committees with regular financial reports.
- Some travel is required.
The Manager should demonstrate competence in the following areas:
- Leadership: Positively influence others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the SHO and its partner organizations.
- Collaboration: Establish and maintain positive and progressive working relationships with individuals and organizations.
- Effective Communication: Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- Planning: Determine strategies to move the organization forward, set goals, create and implement action plans and evaluate the process and results.
- Adaptability: Demonstrate a willingness to be flexible, versatile and/or accepting in a changing work environment while maintaining effectiveness and efficiency.
- Execution: Execute leadership strategies, plans, projects and daily tasks.
Education & Experience Required:
- Extensive knowledge of the swine or other agriculture industry at the provincial, national, and/or international levels.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in business, science, animal health, agriculture, or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of experience of proven progressive management and leadership experience in an agricultural setting.
- Experience with organizational governance is an asset.
- Salary commensurate with agricultural management work experience and qualifications.
Swine Health Ontario (SHO) is an industry-wide steering committee of seven individuals that are collaborating to improve and better coordinate the industry’s ability to prevent, prepare for and respond to serious swine health threats in Ontario. With an emphasis on Ontario priorities first, Swine Health Ontario’s activities will be visible and industry-led, with a producer focus and a continuous improvement philosophy. The founding members of Swine Health Ontario are Ontario Pork and Ontario Pork Industry Council (OPIC).