Talent and Culture Specialist - Filled
Our client is a long-established leader in the sod industry with locations throughout south western Ontario. They are a producer and marketer of sustainable, environmentally beneficial products and services blending world-leading technologies with century-old techniques.
We are currently conducting a search for a Talent and Culture Specialist to work with the management team at their Cambridge, ON location.
The purpose of the job is to assist with the overall Company Human Resources and Health and Safety function by providing support to the manager.
· Support department managers with recruiting, onboarding and any H.R. related tasks.
· Use our recruiting software, the internet and other methods to find suitable candidates for your selected jobs.
· Create and upload detailed Job Descriptions with support of managers to various Job Boards.
· Review, screen, select, conduct detailed phone interview, in-person interviews and online video interviews of suitable candidates to move them forward in the recruiting process.
· Support managers with the interview process either in -person or through phone and video interview means.
· Provide detailed and prompt feedback to candidates on the recruiting process
Health and Safety:
· Comply with and enforce Occupational Health and Safety Act, internal safety rules and regulations within all departments.
· be a key member of Joint Health and Safety Committee, ensuring monthly meetings are conducted, minutes are recorded, and activities are completed according to external and internal requirements.
· Assistant managers for WSIB cases claims and investigation
· Comply with and enforce Employment Standards Act legislation
· Assist with development and execution of Company HR policies and procedures.
Administration and other duties:
- Administer all entries (hire, transfers, terminations, ROEs).
- Update employee records and files accordingly.
- Complete Statutory Holiday pay calculations as per the ESA and/or Collective Agreement.
- All other duties assigned by general managers including supporting other office administration work
- need to travel between Hamilton, Cambridge, London, and Burford, ON office regularly.
· Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in Human Resources or other related field
· Completed or in progress CHRP/L designation preferred.
· 2 years’ experience as HR generalist with knowledge of Canadian Labor Laws
· Previous work experience in agriculture industry is essential
· Operations Continuous Improvement knowledge is an asset
· Willingness and ability to assume similar or more advanced HR roles in other business units and/or locations
Compensation and benefits:
· $24 – 25/h based on background and experience
· Company Benefits provided after 3-month probation
· Company vehicle will be provided
Reference ID: 220
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent