Territory Sales RepresentativeApply online
Our client is expanding Healthy Animal product lines and needs your expertise in launching these new and innovative products. They are looking for an ambitious, sales-motivated professional to join their dynamic, growing sales team as a Territory Sales Representative for Eastern Canada.
They are a Canadian company, serving the Animal Feed Industry for over 40 years. With three locations across Canada, they are a leading manufacturer of specialized milk replacers and functional health products for multiple species and the only Canadian basic manufacturer of animal feed flavours. They are also actively involved in the distribution of feed ingredients and additives. Dedicated to continuous R&D is one of their cornerstones; bringing new and innovative functional animal health products to the feed industry. They prioritize supporting customers success, along with assisting producers; improving their herd health with quality products and excellent customer service is our priority.
By joining as a Territory Sales Representative in Eastern Canada, you will be responsible for growing sales on a B2B basis in the Eastern Provinces with some travel into the Maritimes. Building on long-term customer relationships and developing new business relationships to achieve sales targets. The successful salesperson will have the knowledge and sales strategies to support our customers’ sales, talking to producers of all species, with a main focus on young ruminant health and nutrition, primarily in dairy. Your input and collaboration with the R&D and marketing teams within our company will be expected and valued.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Development and implementation of sales strategies to drive sales in your territory
- Promoting and educating customers on the benefits of using branded and private-label products
- Provide field support to assist our distribution networks customers on-farm, with the ability to evaluate and troubleshoot animal performance
- In collaboration with the Sales Department, develop and implement strategies to enter new markets
- Active involvement in the animal feed industry through attendance at trade-shows, producer meetings and industry conferences as the opportunities are available.
- Proactively communicate with customers
- Identify opportunities and communicate market intelligence to the organization
- Complete required customer reporting and tracking in a timely manner to the rest of the Sales Department
- 3 - 5 years’ experience in an active sales role
- Excellent customer service skills and able to relate with producers, consultants, feed company salespeople and nutritionists
- Proven track record of developing and implementing sales &business goals and meeting targets
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Strong English communication skills both written and spoken
- Valid drivers license and ability to travel up to 40% of the time.
- Post-secondary education directly related to the agriculture/feed industry an asset.
- A strong dairy background is preferred.
- Tradeshow experience and asset
- Marketing and advertising knowledge an asset.