Warehouse Operations AssociateApply online
Our client is a very successful, family-oriented crop production company located in the heart of Southwestern Ontario farm country. They are expanding and currently accepting applications for a Warehouse Operator. If you have excellent communication skills, a strong agricultural background and are organized and dependable, this is the perfect opportunity for you. A very competitive compensation and benefits package is being offered based on the candidate’s abilities and experience.
Why Work for Them:
- Well established and respected family agriculture business.
- Modern facilities that allow for the highest level of customer service.
- Full time, year-round employment in a friendly local atmosphere.
- Forward thinking – owner’s value employee input, team approach to management.
- A competitive remuneration package.
What you will do:
- Receive shipments and sign paperwork upon receipt
- Unload packages from incoming trucks
- Inspect contents to ensure they are undamaged
- Verify packages according to order and invoices (quantity, quality, price etc.)
- Contact supplier or shipper if a mistake is identified
- Assume responsibility for returning unsatisfactory shipments or receiving replacements
- Label deliveries and allocate them to their designated place
- Ensure invoices are signed and paid for satisfactory deliveries
- Maintain accurate records and assist in inventory control
What you will need:
- Proven agricultural background with experience as receiving clerk or similar position
- Experience in operating forklifts
- Working knowledge of computer programs for entering data
- Solid understanding of health and safety regulations
- Basic math and recording abilities
- Excellent organizational skills
- Great communication and interpersonal abilities
- Keen eye for detail
- Good physical condition
- High school diploma