Yard/Inventory AssistantApply online
For decades, Robert's Farm Equipment and McGavin Farm Equipment have been unique in the farming community both aggressively cutting edge, and unapologetically committed to old-fashioned ideas of customer service.
With a combined over 130 years together Robert’s and McGavin’s are a family-owned and operated business that serves the community and many family farms, we think of ourselves as being all in the family. Those 130 years have taught us a great deal about what really matters. We sell some of the finest products in the market, but our customer service is second to none. It's who we are.
Our business remains very rooted from the past generations of Robert’s & McGavin’s values and vision for service and community. While we’ve grown and experienced change, those timeless values have been our bedrock—and the reason the link between our company, the community, and our customers has remained so strong.
We are looking for a Yard/Inventory Assistant to join our growing Walton Team!
Desired Skills and Experience:
- A minimum of 1-year experience in a similar position
- Must have a working knowledge of Agricultural practices and equipment
- Must be able to safely and effectively operate various farming equipment (tractors, forklifts, lawnmower etc.)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (written & verbal) skills
- Must be highly organized with the ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
- Ability to prepare routine administrative paperwork
- Ability to receive, stock, and deliver goods
- Ability to work independently as well as cohesively with other employees as part of a team
- Responsible for loading and unloading equipment from incoming/outgoing shipments
- Organize and maintain equipment displays on company property to ensure customers can view equipment selections
- Deliver small equipment and parts to customers as needed
- Maintain property grounds by landscaping and rotating equipment in a timely manner
- Clean and maintain supplies, tools, equipment, and storage areas to ensure compliance with safety regulations
- Examine and inspect stock items for wear or defects, reporting any damage to supervisors
- Assist the Inventory Controller with annual inventory counts or audits as needed
- Dispose of packaging or any byproducts once equipment has been set-up
- Completion of high school or vocational equivalent
- Valid Forklift License
- Valid Driver’s License