|Comapny Address||Guelph, Ontario N1H 8M4|
Agricorp is looking for Claims Adjudicators to join the Claims Services, Customer Commitment team in the Program Delivery division. Permanent and Contract roles available.
As the Claims Adjudicator, you will be responsible for accurate verification and processing of claims. This will include financial reviews and analysis of producer applications to determine eligibility for programs delivered by Agricorp. In this role, you will:
- Review, verify and approve claims applications for large and complex cases for all programs delivered by Agricorp
- Create client files, assess applications for claims against coverage, review data for completeness, research and investigate discrepancies, and calculate program benefits according to Agricorp’s contractual obligations and adjudication best practices
- Settle claims within a predetermined monetary limit
- Participate in case conferences and confer with the senior quality advisor, claims specialist or team leader on claims requiring legal counsel or on potential appeals
- Provide input into decisions regarding new tools, processes and technology upgrades
- Coach and mentor associate claims adjudicators and peers
- Contribute to training and development as requested
- Stay current on products and services administered by Agricorp
- Participate in team goal setting
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in a related field, such as business or agricultural sciences, or equivalent experience
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in related claims and/or risk adjudication, preferably in financial services or the agricultural sector
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with diverse groups, including clients, agencies, producers and other professionals
- Experience preparing claim-related documentation, including the preparation of files for litigation
- Previous experience in financial recoveries an asset
- Agricultural knowledge is an asset as well.
- Additional training courses in accounting, risk analysis, risk management and financial analysis an asset
- Working towards a professional designation in finance, Chartered Insurance Professional (CIP) or Fellow of the Insolvency Institute of Canada (FIIC) an asset
Job status: One permanent and some 12 month contract positions available
- Analytical thinking – Interprets, links and analyses information and situations by breaking them down into component parts, identifying patterns, connections and underlying issues
- Achieving quality results – Focuses efforts on managing one’s self to achieve high-quality results consistent with the organization’s standards and measures while managing risk
- Program knowledge – Knows and understands the programs and services provided by Agricorp
- Client focus – Provides service excellence to internal and external clients
- Critical judgment, decision making and problem solving – Uses critical judgment to make decisions and solve problems involving varied levels of complexity, ambiguity and risk
- Planning and organizing – Develops, implements, evaluates and adjusts plans to reach goals while ensuring the optimal use of resources
As an agency of the Government of Ontario, Agricorp works with partners to contribute to a vibrant and sustainable agriculture industry. With more than 400 employees serving more than 47,000 producers province-wide, Agricorp delivers programs that help producers manage risk and remain financially secure. The agency was established in 1997 by the provincial government under the authority of the AgriCorp Act, 1996. Agricorp delivers a variety of programs and payments on behalf of the federal and provincial governments, including AgriStability, Farm Business Registration and Production Insurance. Please go to www.agricorp.com see the full list of programs for more information.
To apply for this position, please go to www.agricorp.com and click on current opportunities in the career section.
Please submit your application online for this opportunity by October 1 , 2021
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted directly.
Why Work For Us?
What makes Agricorp a great place to work? Our people. We care about Ontario agriculture. We come to work every day knowing that what we do matters. And we care about each other too. Agricorp offers a professional and flexible environment, with a generous vacation allowance, good benefits including a defined-benefit pension plan, and a commitment to supporting our employees’ individual training and development.
If you’re enthusiastic and committed to excellence, we want to hear from you.
- No jobs posted for this emplyoer yet