In order to expand its team, Lactanet is currently seeking an Advisory Veterinarian for a 12-month full-time contract. The incumbent will be responsible for contributing to the improvement of dairy herds through the development of strategies, tools, training and the dissemination of technical information in areas related to milk quality, cow health and reproduction. Some regional travel is expected.
• Develop strategies and programs to improve milk quality, health and reproduction.
• Identify issues, analyze scientific and technical advances in the areas of milk quality, dairy cattle health, and
reproduction, and evaluate their relevance to the scope of veterinary practice and Lactanet's activities, particularly with respect to the development of laboratory diagnostic services.
• Prepare and deliver training for Lactanet clients
• Write extension articles and present conferences.
• Establish relationships and teamwork between practicing veterinarians and Lactanet field staff to facilitate a
collaborative consultative approach.
• Facilitate and participate in Lactanet's strategic committees related to health.
• Participate in various research and development projects.
Qualifications & Experience
• Doctorate in Veterinary Medicine
• Member of a veterinary professional order
• At least five years experience in bovine practice
• Bilingualism in French and English, both written and spoken
• Ability to prepare and conduct a training session
• Analytical and problem-solving skills
• Strong extension and communication skills
• Strong teamwork, knowledge sharing and coaching skills
• Innovative, committed and quality and customer service oriented
The benefits of working at Lactanet include:
Group Insurance & Pension Plan
Free Medical Teleconsultation
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Training & Development
Internet, & Cellphone Allowance
All Equipment Provided