Lactanet is accepting applications for a permanent full-time, on-farm Dairy Production Technician (DPT). Candidates should enjoy working alongside dairy cows within a farm environment, overseeing their schedule, and rural road travel. This is a union position.
Group Insurance & Pension Plan
Employee Assistance Program
Flexible Schedule (You are in charge of your own schedule!!)
2 salary increases in the first year
Mileage, Internet & Cellphone allowance
Vacations & Sick days
All equipment provided
• Visit dairy farms daily at variable hours to sample milk, collect data, and promote our dairy herd improvement
services to Lactanet customers. Working hours will include early mornings and evenings.
• Assist and provide information to Lactanet customers about the interpretation and application of data collected.
• From your home office, you will independently arrange your administrative, travel and scheduling tasks.
• Actively participate in the job training provided.
Qualifications & Experience
• Diploma in agriculture (great asset)
• Practical knowledge and working experience in the dairy industry.
• Strong customer service and interpersonal skills.
• Proficiency with computers with residential high-speed Internet.
• Valid driver’s license with dependable transportation.
• Being a resident within your circuit area.
• Ability to occasionally lift to 58 lbs.
The work is mainly done on the farm at milking time and some work is done from home. Allowance for mileage, Internet, and cell phone. There are 2 salary increases in the first year and the starting salary is $19.20/hr