Dairy Farm Validator - Northern Alberta - Filled (ID: 5190)
514-820-7345 514-459-3030 ext. 7540
Dairy Farm Validator - Alberta
We are currently accepting applications for a permanent Part-Time Validator (1-3 days per week), ideally located in the Northern part of the province. The Validator’s primary responsibility is to conduct dairy farm audits by reviewing and documenting compliance with the national proAction program requirements. You will be working directly on-farm as well as from your home office. Candidates who appreciate a flexible schedule, the farm environment, rural road travel and interacting with dairy producers will fit well in this position.
• Visit dairy farms to review, audit and document on farm processes, protocols and record keeping.
• Assist and provide additional information to producers about the interpretation and application of the proAction program and its requirements.
• Follow up on Corrective Actions identified during the on-farm validation visits.
• Independently arrange your administrative, travel and scheduling tasks.
• Actively participate and successfully complete the proAction Validator training provided.
Qualifications & Experience
• Degree/Diploma in agriculture and at least 2 years dairy production experience or at least 5 years’ experience in dairy cattle production on farm.
• Strong organizational skills and ability to work independently.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Proficiency with electronic data capture.
• Must reside in, or in proximity of the territory area, have a valid driver’s license, dependable transportation and home office high-speed internet.
The benefits of working at Lactanet include:
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Mileage, Internet & Cellphone Allowance
Training & Development
All Equipment Provided