POSITION: Animal Nutritionist - Contract LOCATION: Clinton
Our client is seeking a reliable individual to become an integral member of their team! The Animal
Nutritionist is responsible for multi species feed formulation. This is a contract position, working out of the
Clinton location. (Possibility of Hybrid/Remote). This is a one year contract position.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop individualized animal nutrition plan (i.e., customized feed formulations) according to
• Interact with sales personnel regarding nutrition and health of animals.
• Responsible for feed budgets and cost analysis.
• Work closely with Feed Mill staff to improve efficiencies and ensure HACCP goals and CFIA
requirements are met.
• Work closely with the purchasing group to assess the nutritional and economic value of feed
• Research strategies and techniques to meet the needs of different animal species. This includes
nutritional solutions for poultry, swine, ruminant, and other animals.
• Maintain feed formulas and feed formulation database (maintenance of ingredient nutrient matrix
values; pricing; least cost formulation; labeling).
• All other duties assigned.
• High degree of technical knowledge in nutrition, formulation, and new technologies.
• Effective organizational ability and time management skills.
• Computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Suites and feed formulation software.
• Post-secondary degree in agricultural related program, relating to animal science and nutrition.
• 3-5 years of experience in Nutrition and/or related fields.
• Valid G Driver’s License.