Division Sales Manager - Crop Inputs (relocation to northern Ontario)Apply online
|Company Address||550 Pleasant View Drive, Listowel, ON Canada N4W 3R8|
Our client is a growing and profitable full-spectrum Agriculture company located in Northern Eastern Ontario. They are seeking a dynamic and motivated Regional Sales Manager to lead their Crop Inputs Division. The ideal candidate will bring experience in agronomy, Ag sales and marketing, and team management. Relocation to northern Ontario is required
Reporting to the President, the Crop Inputs Division Manager will be responsible for the development and execution of all sales and marketing programs, in support of volume and profitability goals for the company. This key role includes P&L responsibility, and sales and agronomy team management
- A very competitive compensation package consisting of base salary, incentive program, and benefits is negotiable based on the successful candidate’s capacity and experience.
- Financial assistance for re-location is offered.
What you will do:
- Develop, supervise, and lead the Crop Sales Specialists and support staff to achieve sales goals and objectives in order to grow the business and develop long-term relationships with customers.
- Coach and mentor sales staff to achieve their targets by implementing reporting and accountability systems tied to the strategic plan.
- Monitor, coordinate, and lead sales activities, product needs, and service requirements with the company and independent customers to ensure maximum sales opportunities, margins, efficiency, and synergy.
- Provide leadership in achieving profit objectives and communicate plans and targets to all sales staff and management.
- Coordinate all aspects of the fertilizer, crop protection and custom spraying business on a continuous basis.
- Participate in developing price lists, sales programs, sales prospects and customer incentives to achieve or exceed sales budgets and margin objectives.
- Help develop the corporate strategic plan
- Develop and execute the annual sales and marketing plan
- Disseminate sales programs, inventory, and product information to the professional sales force and customers on a regular basis to promote products and stimulate sales.
- Organize appropriate training for sales staff (in-house and external, CCA, CCS etc.) to provide them with effective sales strategies and techniques, as well as develops and communicates the sales incentive program to all Crop Sales Specialists.
- Coordinates and initiates plot tours, crop days, educational customer meetings and public relations events on behalf of the sales team with the goal of promoting products and services.
- Personally, sell and manage high value customers.
What you will need:
- Degree or Diploma in agricultural or business, or a related field.
- Five or more years of sales experience and an additional five or more years in a leadership or management capacity.
- Proven sales leadership and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively in order to build credibility, rapport, and long-term relationships.
- Ability to identify producer needs, prepare complete package farm proposals, and demonstrate strong closing techniques.
- Proven ability to utilize organizational and multi-tasking skills to ensure maximum productivity and manage time effectively.
- CCA Certified preferred but not required
- Proven ability to create both strategic and operation plans and the ability to execute them.
- A valid Canadian driver’s license is required
- Willingness to re-locate to the company’s office location.