Grain Merchandising Manager - Filled
|Company Address||550 Pleasant View Drive|
Our client is a long-established national agribusiness focused on bringing passionate and devoted people together who are not afraid to work hard every day to help each other and their clients maximize performance and move forward together. We are conducting a confidential search for their new Grain Merchandising Manager, located in the London, Ontario area.
In this position the successful candidate will utilize their extensive knowledge and experience in grain origination and merchandising, and team leadership, to manage and further develop all domestic commercial grain activities in Ontario; including grain positions and margins, and management of the commercial team which includes originators, merchandisers, administrators, and human resources personnel.
If you are a passionate and dedicated Grain Industry professional with management experience, we want to hear from you. Please apply below!
Please note* Our client requires candidates apply directly to AgriRecruiting for consideration.
- A competitive compensation package including salary, bonus plan, pension matching, excellent benefits plan, and a car allowance, is negotiable based on the successful candidate’s capacity and experience.
- Constant and effective monitoring of the grain position in Ontario.
- Lead and motivate a team of passionate professionals to achieve goals and objectives.
- Collaborating with trade admin and logistics for effective execution of transactions.
- Determine and justify mark to market values at month end for financial statement purposes, in coordination with peers and supervisors.
- Ensure constant monitoring of commodity market fluctuations.
- Identify and develop additional supplier and customer base and create opportunities to increase market share.
- Promote positive and efficient relationships with suppliers and customers.
- Execute strategies for positioning, buying and selling grain.
- Regular reporting of activities internally to the Ontario senior leadership team.
- Keep up to date on changing grain regulations provincially and federally.
Key Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- University education and a minimum of 5-years of experience in grain merchandising activities.
- Experience managing grain positions and margins including hedging activities.
- Effective leadership and team management skills and experience.
- Solid knowledge of Incoterms, GAFTA, NGFA, NAEGA, FOSFA and applicable rules is an asset.
- Advanced knowledge of common office software and systems.
- Ability to work effectively under defined time constraints and peak workloads.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Advocate of effective cooperation with teammates locally and across different divisions and locations.
- Ability to adapt to constant change.
- Ability to prioritize, work, and manage people under pressure while remaining calm.
- Possess strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- A proven team player with a "get it done" attitude.