Logistics Coordinator - Filled
|Company Address||550 Pleasant View Drive|
Our Client is an established and successful grain company, sourcing and exporting top quality grains, pulses and other products to Europe, the Middle East, Africa and other regions around the globe.
They are seeking an experienced and motivated Logistics Coordinator to be an integral part of the team at their Oakville, ON office. If you have successful experience coordinating logistics for agricultural or related commodities this could be an excellent opportunity for you. Please apply below.
Please note* to be considered for this position, candidates must apply below to AgriRecruiting and not our client directly.
A competitive package is negotiable based on capacity and experience, and will include salary and benefits.
Why work with our client:
- An established, stable and successful company.
- Competitive negotiable compensation package.
- Licenced dealer with the Canadian Grain Commission.
- Coordinate and monitor the transportation and movements of exported goods.
- Prepare export documentation, including but not limited to Bill of ladings, Phytosanitary Certificates, Certificates of Origin, Packing Lists etc.
- Work with letters of credit and ensure all documents are compliant with terms.
- Coordinate with traders on a day-to-day basis.
- Arrange for transport/shipping documentation; oversee the scheduling; dispatching and monitoring the movement of goods.
- Arrange insurance coverage for cargo when required.
- Monitor holds or discrepancies in the movement of goods and resolve with supplier/shipping line.
- Resolve problems, provide ongoing support, and be proactive with services.
- Communicate with supplier, customers, and service providers on a day-to-day basis.
- Gather claim documents and facts if claims are involved.
- Remain responsible for ensuring the smooth flow of the movement of shipments; resolving any discrepancies in a timely manor.
- Review files before closing to ensure all processes are adhered to.
- The company may assign other duties from time to time.
Key Skills and Abilities:
- 3+ years of experience in logistics administration for commodities is preferred.
- Degree/Diploma in business, accounting, or a related field is preferred.
- Experience with Incoterms, payment terms, and commercial operations.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Solid computer software skills (Microsoft Word & Excel).
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with time-sensitive deadlines.
- Proven ability to work well independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly to changing needs.